STYLE GURU BIO | Yuddha Maharaj







This is my first semester being a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista, and boy-oh-boy am I both excited and nervous. Fashion has always been my “instinctive” passion, meaning it was never a forced or sudden interest. Rather, I’ve always taken a liking to it, although, that doesn’t mean I was always fashionable (I cringe at some of my high school photos to be honest). Because my style has grown, along with my confidence and maturity, I have concluded that there are two types of people in this world—those who dress to impress and those who dress for themselves.
Over the years, I’ve learned to distinguish the difference between dressing for yourself and dressing for others, and I think I’ve reached the level of contentment. I’ve learned that “dressing up” does not necessarily mean to dress over the top or dress particularly girly; It means to be the best version of yourself, or in this case, dress the best version of yourself. I would describe my style as, well, I really don’t know. I like to believe that I experiment with fashion, although I tend to draw more into the edgy “grunge” rock type of style. I also enjoy the more feminine, classy, Audrey Hepburn sophisticated style; however, I don’t feel completely me when I do so.
This brings me to the outfit I am wearing in this photo—a feminine floral foliage chiffon dress paired with black buckled boots and a black backpack. I think it’s awesome when Fashionistas/os incorporate two or more types of styles into one outfit. It shows that you’re not afraid to experiment and have fun with fashion, and that’s what fashion and “dressing up” should be about. If you’re like me and like the best of both worlds, whether that be feminine and grunge, sporty and polished or edgy and preppy, go out of your comfort zone while incorporating comfort and soon you’ll realize that dressing for yourself is not that hard after all. I hope to see more of you Fashionistas/os dressing for yourselves as well!
Being apart of this internship means a whole lot to me. I’ve always felt disconnected from the fashion world since fashion has little to nothing to do with psychology, which is what I’m currently studying in school. I wanted to find an outlet to express and show my interest in fashion, as well as interact with fellow fashion lovers. It’s always an awesome feeling to surround yourself with similar minds, and CollegeFashionista is just that for me! I’m happy and lucky to be on board.
Style OnTM,

Check out the published article on CollegeFashionista!


0 comments:

Post a Comment