The big Two-One

There's not much to say about this post but "yay, I'm finally 21!?". I don't get too hype about birthdays anymore, it's just another day of turning a year older. I know turning 21 is a big deal because it's the official legal age world wide, but I'm not much of a party person to begin with, so I don't bother with "getting into clubs" or going to a bar (although I used to go with my friends just for the heck of it). However, now that I am 21 (on July 8th), I do feel a sense of 'adult hood', although I've always felt that way. I like to think of myself as a 60 year old living in a 12 year old body. That could be interpreted in a bad or good way - either way, that's who I am. I didn't want to go all out for my birthday this year, nor did I want to have expectations, but who am I kidding, right? To sum up my birthday experience, I'm just going to string a few (or a lot) of sentences:
     
  • Woke up and turned 21
  • My best friend Shelly spend the entire day/night with me
  • Mother surprised me with an Elvis musical/tribute at the Ed Mirvish theatre
  • Myself, my mum, brother, cousin, grandma and Shelly attended the show
  • I loved it
  • Shelly got me a birthday present; it was an acrylic painting set
  • I loved it
  • Got ready with Shelly
  • All of us drove to the city (Toronto)
  • We ate an early dinner at Red Lobster
  • Shelly and I had clam chowder soup with garlic-cheese mushrooms
  • It was bloody delicious
  • Walked to the Ed Mirvish theatre
  • We were amongst really old people
  • I didn't care
  • Elvis impersonator was really good (looking)
  • Elvis isn't dead
  • Went back home
  • Cut my ice cream blizzard cake
  • It was mixed with Oreo and cookie dough
  • It was bloody delicious
  • Took a lot of photos
  • Shelly and I played dress up (kind of)
  • Shelly and I ran a bath and used my mum's lush bath bomb called 'Sex Bomb'
  • We had wine in the bath with music in the background
  • We talked for hours
  • We also had on clothes (bikini top and shorts)
  • We got light headed and came out
  • We stayed up until 4
  • We got up and I made breakfast
  • Myself, my brother, cousin and Shelly chilled with our feet in the hot tub
  • The hot tub is essentially a pool since it wasn't hot (it doesn't necessarily work properly)
  • We got out and got ready
  • We got lazy
  • Shelly and I went to McDonalds to grab coffee and tea
  • We went to Fortinos
  • I got two macaons; pistachio and a coffee flavoured one
  • She got a mini tiramisu
  • We went to her place and hung out and chatted in the basement
  • Talked about my short film
  • Got inspired
  • Went back home and worked on my storyboard
  • Opened up my acrylic set and started painting
  • A great birthday indeed

















 





 






 



 






 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment