Christmas Dinner | 2013

It's that time of the year where you get together with friends and/or family and celebrate the festivities of Christmas! When you think of Christmas, you think of christmas music, christmas lights, christmas trees, cookies, chocolate, presents, food, that warm and jolly feeling, food, drinks, Santa Clause, family, friends, food... So this year I threw yet another Christmas dinner during the beginning of December, which was a potluck this time, with friends whom I saw or talked to on a daily basis and considered close friends. I would have invited more people, however I wanted this year to be more intimate and non-stressful and crazy. That's what Christmas is about, right? Being with those you love and care for - although I do love and care for a lot of people, this was more about convenience. We also threw in Secret Santa, which was a stressful thing to organize, but we made it work. The best part of this dinner was knowing everyone enjoyed and appreciated everything. We all had an individual toast, which made me cry a bit. It's always nice to have a little reassurance when you're just not too sure. Regardless of the stress, Shelly (who was the co-organizer, bless her haha) and I were really happy and thankful that it all came together. We did most of the cooking and baking but I didn't mind at all. It was actually satisfying and rewarding to make something from scratch and knowing people actually liked your cooking - shocking, I know. Besides the food, the gift exchanging was the highlight. Seeing people's reaction to the gifts they got was so lovely and reassuring. It's the best feeling to give, and that was the main focus for Shelly and I. That and having one night where we enjoy each others company and forget all the negativity, stress, bullshit and whatnot. Would I throw another one next year? We'll see about that..




































y
xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment