Birthday Boy | Country Escapade

This is an overdue post but I thought I shall still share my boyfriend's birthday experience and adventure, since it was so much fun! On April 19th, it was Conor's birthday and he had come back from Cuba the day after. I decided to be super nice (and the best girlfriend ever) by picking up him from the airport. I had already planned out the whole entire day and he had no idea what was coming. Or maybe he did a bit but still didn't know what I had up my sleeve. I absolutely love giving and surprising people and making them happy. And it was a given that Conor was going to get anything less than that. So straight after work I ventured off to the airport (which was my first time driving there by myself and boy was it both a challenge and super exciting). As soon as I got to the airport (and to the right terminal this time), I saw a bright green Irish shirt and knew it was him. We did not waste any time and continued our drive to the final destination. I planned out a lovely drive to a cozy restaurant hidden away in the deep country. It was pure bliss driving alongside nothing but trees, accompanied by my favourite person and great tunes. When we got to the restaurant, which was Belfountain Inn, a sense of happiness and comfort struck me. The location was so secluded and the building was dainty and rustic in its own beautiful way. We were greeted by our server, who sat us next to a balcony door where the sun beamed right through onto our table. We both ordered creamy mushroom soup as our appetizer, which was incredibly tasty, whilst I ordered the Parmesan and Cheddar Penne, which was tossed with roasted garlic, green onion and fried bread crumbs, and Conor ordered the featured market fish, which looked and tasted (according to him) absolutely divine. We finished our meal with the cutest tea display, all whilst catching up and chatting about anything and everything and relishing in the moments we've missed with each other. After our cozy dinner, we decided to explore a bit and take a walk outdoors. We opted to visit another cute little country restaurant called Terra Cotta Inn, where we walked about, talked and sat on a tree branch whilst overlooking the beautiful sunset that disappeared right before my eyes. It was truly a peaceful and harmonious moment. We headed back and enjoyed the smoothest drive with the sounds of Grizzly Bear caressing our ears and the sunset looking back at us. I had one last surprise for him and this he definitely did not see coming. Whilst he and my mom chatted in the kitchen, I brought out a small birthday cake with 'Happy Birthday Conor' written on it with green icing. He was pleasantly surprised and happy and loved that he got to share it with my family as well. I gave him my birthday present, which was a gorgeous brown wallet and the night ended off with happy, smiling, warm hearts. Little did he know, I also bought us tickets to see a Blue Jays game two days after. I spoiled him rotten but he deserved it and I wouldn't have done it any other way. 
Happy Birthday Nuggle x

(the amount of cheesiness on here is going to make me lactose intolerant but oh well)






  



0 comments:

Post a Comment